Friday 5 December 2014

The November Sounds

                                               


A short post today but I've had a lot of music favourites throughout the month of November so I thought I'd share them with you! There's quite a variety here so you're bound to discover a song that you like!

The most played song on the playlist is Breathe by IYES and you only listen to one song from this post, listen that one. IYES are an electronic duo from Brighton and something about their songs that remind me of older Clean Bandit songs (listen to A&E)  combined with The XX. I recently missed out on seeing IYES at the Thekla in Bristol and was absolutely gutted. All of their songs that I've listened to are incredible but there's just something about Breathe that I can't get enough of. It's the kind of song you want to get under the covers, close your eyes and listen to it with headphones in. IYES covered Crazy in Love by Beyonce which is definitely worth checking out here. The lyrics seem to suit IYES' cover much more than the original as you can really understand the thought behind them, something which I feel gets lost in a pop song.

What have you been listening to the past month? I love hearing other people's favourite songs!

Hollie

No comments:

Post a Comment