Wednesday 18 February 2015

The (late) January Favourites




Potentially the furthest into a month a favourites post has ever been posted, but better late than never! January is the month I re-discovered reading after a long time and found my favourite liquid lipsticks (and possibly lip product) of all time. 

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks 
(Nudist and Happy Nude Year)
I currently own 5 shades of these lipsticks but found myself reaching for 'Nudist' (a berry toned nude) and 'Happy Nude Year' (a pink toned nude) over December and January as they're perfect shades for everyday.  A matt finish and a texture like nothing else. 'Velvet lipsticks' is spot-on, they truly feel like velvet on the lips - incredibly soft and lightweight. They take a little while to set but once they do they are extremely long lasting and yet don't dry out the lips out at all. I'd recommend these over and over and over.

Rimmel Lip Pencils
Exaggerate in 067 Eastend Snob
Lasting Finish in 011 Spice
If I haven't been wearing the rouge edition velvet lipsticks then chances are I've been wearing one of these two Rimmel lip liners. Eastend Snob is known for it's ability to create a Kylie Jenner lip and while I find it too pink on my skintone for that, it looks great on the lips. It's a soft twist-up liner with a matt finish that's easy to work with and is long lasting. Perfect.

If I'm looking for something a little darker on the lips, I've been using the lasting finish liner in Spice. I'm not head over heels for the formula (doesn't stay on as long as Eastend Snob despite having a 'stay on' formula and it's slightly drying) however the shade is unlike anything else I have in my collection.  

Gosh Long Lasting Brow Pen in 004 Wheat 
I've never been satisfied with a brow product before, and while this Gosh pen isn't perfect, it's the best I've tried so far. Although there is a slight red hue to the shade, it's much more cool toned than drugstore pencils which gives it a natural look on the brows. The finish is slightly sheer which means it's pretty difficult to create a heavy, drawn on look and it's easy to layer strokes. I like use the pen to create the shape then use MAC's Omega eyeshadow over the top to set my brows. 

Kindle 
 I received the original Kindle as a birthday present a few years ago, although I hadn't used it much within the past year. I had a ton of 'real' books that I had yet to read so I made an effort to get through those before buying anything else. Fast forward a year and I am back into the swing of using my Kindle. It's a perfect size to pop into your handbag and it's particularly useful, if you're impatient like me, to get your hands on books straight away if you can't wait to visit a bookshop.

Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult 
Jodi Picoult is by far one of my favourite authors, mainly for the plots of her novels. If you haven't heard of her, most of her books tend to explore controversial topics through the courtroom and the families that the situation surrounds. Things are not quite as they first appear in her novels, which I something I personally love in films and books.

This particular novel focuses on a murder of a newborn baby which occurs on an Amish farm and leads onto the trial that follows. The book gives a real insight into life in an Amish community, teenage pregnancy and the courtroom.

Fire N Gold - Bea Miller

                

I came across this song after hearing a few covers on vine (check out Andrew Bazzi's cover with Rajiv Dhall on vine) and I've it on repeat ever since. I was surprised to find out Bea Miller is only 16 and competed on the US X Factor a few years ago. I love the tone of her voice and the song, particularly the chorus, it's really addictive. Definitely give it a listen! 


What is your current favourite song? Let me know in the comments below!

Hollie Mae



No comments:

Post a Comment