Friday 1 August 2014

The Current Hair Care Routine

It may look excessive, but these are the products which I'm currently using to keep my hair in tip-top shape! It's probably useful to tell you a bit about my hair so you can see if these products will work for your hair. I have fine hair, but a lot of it, and that means it tangles really easily. Also, I tend to have a lot of breakage/snapping but don't really get split ends.



First things first... this is the best hairbrush I've ever owned and I can't sing it's praises enough. Like I mentioned, my hair tangles really easily to the point where it's made me well up to brush out my hair. This is really pain free and gets the job done quickly - I'd recommend this to anyone!

This is the current shampoo and conditioner that I'm using. I chose it purely on the basis that it's for weak/damaged hair as I have a lot of breakage and snapping. I probably wash my hair with this about 3 times a week.




Once a week I use this in place of my conditioner and leave it on my hair for 10-15, really concentrating it on the ends. I also chose this due to it's aim to reduce breakage and while I haven't noticed a dramatic different, my hair does seem to be snapping less.



I tend to use this if my hair is straightened to give it a sleek and glossy look.


I use this every time after I wash my hair


The smell of this.. there are no words. It makes me so happy every time I use it. Scent aside, it does it's job. I notice it gives my hair a lot more volume but doesn't dry crispy or sticky.



Nothing to write home about with this one. I'm not hugely into heat protectors, I just use them because I know my hair will appreciate it. So far I haven't found one that makes me think 'wow', so leave comments below if you have any recommendations!


This product is brilliant for creating beachey waves and giving my hair a bit of texture. I do find it makes my hair pretty dry - but I assume that would be the salt. Either way, it's not a product I use everyday so hopefully it's not doing my hair any harm!

Now that my blonde is turning more into ombre (being lazy with my roots), I'm less sold on Batiste. I really notice how much of a white cast the power gives on so I have to be really careful where I spray this. I'd say this is great if you're a light blonde but not so brilliant for brunettes.

Like I mentioned with the heat protectant, I'm not fussed with hairsprays. I use them because I know they'll hold my hair but seeing as majority of the time my hair is in a messy bun or straight, I don't use it a lot. Anyway, I'd say it does the trick!

Thanks for reading and let me know about your hair care routine!

Hollie Mae





No comments:

Post a Comment