Monday 19 May 2014

The Maybelline SuperStay 24 Colour Review

Welcome to my first post!

To start with, my main beauty product of choice is always lipsticks! I find that even if you don't have time to apply a full face of make-up, a splash of lipstick always makes you look pulled together.

Maybelline described their Superstay 24 colour lip product as 'meet the lipcolour that stretches the limits of longwear and lasts up to 24 hours'.This liquid lipstick was on my list of beauty products to try out, and I finally purchased it in the colour 'Cherry Pie'.


   

Now, I know the colour is almost the opposite of spring...but I'm a complete sucker for red lip products.


 Before - Excuse the hair!

I found the application of the product was smooth, buildable and worked really well with the wand provider. However, the wand could have been a little more precise in order to get the perfect lip shape.

At first, I found the consistency of the product extremely sticky but after it dried, I completely forgot I was wearing lipstick. I really enjoyed this aspect of the product as I'm usually really conscious throughout the day when wearing such a dark lip colour.



After

I examined my lips 5 hours after application in which time I ate, drank and had no touch-ups.

I noticed that the product wore off completely at the corners of my mouths and also at the inside of my lips. It also settled into the creases of my lips. I would have definitely re-applied before this within five hours, much further from the 24 hour claims. However, one benefit was that application was easy.

Although this was a good product in terms of consistency and colour, I don't feel it met it's claims that it's 24 hour wear. I have other lip products which are comparable in terms of longevity but even claim to be long lasting products. I would purchase this product again but based on qualities other than it's long lasting-ness!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if there's anything more you would like to see from me!


Maybelline SuperStay 24 Colour is available at Boots for £8.99
http://www.boots.com/en/Maybelline-Superstay-24hr-DualEnded-Lip-Color_1150622/

The make-up worn here includes: Pro Longwear Concealer by Mac in NC15, BB Cream by Rimmel in Light, Bronzer by Prestige Cosmetics in Terra, Sheertone blush by MAC in Springsheen, Cream Colour Base by MAC in Pearl (frost), Eyebrows - Omega (matt) by MAC, Eyes - Multiple eyeshadows from the Naked3 Palette by Urban Decay, Skinny Mini liquid eyeliner by Eyeko, Mascara by MAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment