Wednesday 4 March 2015

The Races - #ColourMeMarch





Spring is feeling particularly close today. As I'm writing the sun is soft, filtering through the bare branches of the trees and all is quiet aside from the birds flying and chattering outside my window. And as the Spring atmosphere grows, so does colour. Whether it's the sudden growth of vibrant flowers or bright clothes reflecting the warming change in the weather, colour definitely begins flow in around this time of year. Which is why Ladies Day at the Cheltenham Races have created the perfect theme of celebrating colour.

Above I've put together an outfit that I would wear if I was going to the races. I wanted something classic, that obviously incorporated colour, and so picked this pastel blue skater dress. I paired it with nude heels (which have a metallic heel), flushed cheeks and coral lips. 

Ladies Day is taking place on the 11th March (more about the day here) so if you're lucky enough to be going remember to take a photo of your vibrant outfit and include the hashtag #ColourMeMarch. If you happen to blog about it too, leave me a link in the comments as I'd love to see how you used colour in your outfit! 

Hollie 



Outfit
Sunglasses - Dolce&Gabanna
Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Miss Selfridge
Watch - Tissot

Face
No7 Stay Perfect Foundation in Calico
Prestige Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Terra
MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Springsheen
Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Rimmel Scandaleyes Flex Mascara in Black
Gosh Long Lasting Brow Pen in 004 Wheat
MAC Omega Eyeshadow (used for brows)
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in 09 Happy Nude Year 

No comments:

Post a Comment